Zorbit's Updates Version 1.7 December 2019 Follow
We are always working to improve and expand the Zorbit’s universe. With the launch of version 1.7 of Zorbit’s Math Adventure and updates to the Teacher Dashboard, we are increasing curriculum coverage and improving the lesson planning process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using iPads, you will need to update your Zorbit’s Math Adventure app to the latest version. Search for "Zorbit's Math Adventure" in the Apple App Store or click here. This may require assistance from your IT department.
Playing Zorbit's via Chromebook or web browser? No updates necessary - you are using the latest version!
1.7 Release - Dec 2019:
The Zorbit’s Universe is bigger and better with increased curriculum coverage and improved student experiences.
- Kindergarten activities on Nonamia have been upgraded to include more subitizing and more mathematical models.
- A new Measurement planet, Red Moon 2R, has been added to Grade 3; and the Grade 2 Measurement planet, Blue Moon 17, now features additional activities to address even more curricular outcomes.
English Version French Version
- Logging into the game is easier for your kiddos with a new user-friendly interface. Students can now show and hide their password as well as tap into the fields to edit just a single letter or number.
- Improvements like these are always the results of teacher and student feedback. To give our friends in the classroom an even stronger voice, a simple in-game survey has been added. The picture below shows how it appears in-game for students. This survey will appear once every 24hrs for activities a student has played three times. “We never connect any survey results to individual students; just aggregated and anonymous data.”
Teacher Dashboard Updates
The Teaching Activities section has been updated to include a more robust filtering system. You can now also search for Math talks under this section. See steps and video below for more.
- Navigate to Teaching Activites section
- Select Grade
- Select Subject
- Select Type (Math Talk, Guided Lesson, Game or Exploratory Activity)
Want to get a sneak peek of what your students will experience when playing Zorbit's. Well, now you can right from the Teacher Dashboard. Just navigate to the Play tab on your left sidebar and a fully unlocked version of Zorbit's Math Adventure will begin to load. You'll be able to see each grade and each activity within a grade!
Once the game is loaded you can select the grade you'd like to play by choosing one of the four-star systems. To understand more about how grade selection works in Zorbits please Click Here.