How To Create Student Assignments Follow
- If you are using the Zorbit's Math Adventure iPad app, please make sure that your App is updated to the latest version or your students will not be able to see the assigned adventures. Click here to find out how to check if your App needs to be updated.
- If your students are logged in when you create an assignment, it will not appear in the backpack right away. You will need to log your students out and log them back in. If you create an assignment before any students log in, it will appear in the backpack upon login. We are currently looking at solutions to fix this.
Assignments are tasks created on the Teacher Dashboard for your students to complete within the Zorbit's Math Adventure games. These assignments can be tailored to cover specific parts of the curriculum or certain concepts you may wish to focus on.
Your students will see the assignments appear in-game as "Adventures" which can be found in the backpack within the game. Listed below you will find steps on how to create an assignment and how it will look for your students.
Once you log in to the Teacher Dashboard you can navigate to the Assignments tab on the left side panel of your screen. This is where you will create and assign the assignments. In the short video below you will see the process from beginning to end. Each step will be listed out.
1. Navigate to the assignments tab
2. Select "Create New Assignment"
3. Name your assignment
4.Select the grade
5. Select the planet
6. Choose the concept(s) you would like the student(s) to focus on (you can select more than one)
7. Choose the number of levels you want your students to play. One is the default setting but you can change this using the plus button in the menu. This will set the number of levels in the chosen concept for your assignment.
8. Assign to all students, one student, or a select group of students
9. Choose the start and end date of the assignment
How To Remove An Assignment
In order to remove an assignment please do the following:
1. Click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the assignment you'd like to remove
2. Select Edit
3. Select the 3 dots within this screen
4. Select remove assignment
This will remove and delete the assignment from your Teacher Dashboard.
Checking Assignment Content
Using the "Play" feature on the Teacher Dashboard. Teachers can now visit this area to play assignment content that they've assigned to their students.
This is what a student will see in the game:
1. Click the backpack icon.
2. Once inside the backpack click the megaphone icon to see the assigned assignment.
3. Click go to be taken to the assignment!
How to extend an assignment
If you wish to extend an assignment past its initial due date please see the video below:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once an assignment is past its due date you cannot reopen it and extend it.
- Click the three dots on the assignment you wish to extend
- Select edit
- Select the new due date and save
Your assignment has now been extended to the new due date.
How to view details of an assignment
To view assignment details please follow the steps below:
- Click the three dots on assignment
- Click details
Once you've clicked details you'll see the following information:
- Grade level
- Subject covered
- Estimated completion time
- Concept Module and the number of levels
Have questions? or need anything at all please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.