Creating and Managing Student Assignments Follow
Assignments are highly targetted student "tasks" created in the Zorbit's Dashboard for your students to complete within the Zorbit's Math Adventure games. These assignments can be tailored to cover specific parts of the curriculum or certain concepts you may wish to focus on.
In this article we will cover the following:
- Accessing the Assignment Section
- Creating a Custom Assignment
- Creating an Assignment from the Assignment Library
- Previewing Assignment Content
- How To Remove An Assignment
- Extending an Assignment
- Viewing Details of an Assignment
Accessing the Assignment Section
In your Zorbit's Dashboard, you can find the Assignments tab on the left side panel of your screen. This is where you will create and assign the assignments. Upon browsing to the Assignment section, you'll be presented with the option to "Create Custom Assignment" or use an existing one from the "Assignment Library".
Creating a Custom Assignment
1. In the Assignment section, click "Create Custom Assignment".
2. Select the grade and subject, then click Next >.
3. Choose the concept(s) you would like your students to focus on. Note: Once a concept is chosen, you can preview the game activities by clicking on the links under the "Game Activities" tab.
4. Choose the number of levels you want your students to play for each concept and click Next >.
5. Name your Assignment, and assign it to one student, a group of students, or the entire class. To assign to all students, check the uppermost checkbox. Click Next>.
9. Choose the start and end date of the assignment using the pre-set buttons or enter a custom start and end date. Click Create Assignment.
10. If the start date of the assignment is Today, it will immediately be visible to your students in their Backpack. If the start date is in the future, it will not be visible to them until that date. PRO TIP: Create several assignments at once and stagger the start dates! In minutes you can create a number of daily or weekly assignments for your whole class.
Creating an Assignment from the Assignment Library
Want to quickly create an assignment from our library of pre-made assignments? We've got you!
1. In the Assignments section, select "Assignment Library" at the top or "View Assignment Library >"
2. At the top right, select a Grade and Subject to see a filtered view of available assignments.
3. Review the available assignments, and click "Assign" to make your selection.
4. Assign it to one student, a group of students, or the entire class. To assign to all students, check the uppermost checkbox. Click Next>.
5. Choose the start and end date of the assignment using the pre-set buttons or enter a custom start and end date. Click Create Assignment.
Previewing Assignment Content
Using the "Play Game Demo" feature on the Zorbit's Dashboard, teachers can preview assignment content that has been assigned to their students.
This is what a student will see in the game:
1. Click the backpack icon.
2. Once inside the backpack click the megaphone icon to see the available assignment(s).
3. Click GO! to be taken to the assignment.
How To Remove An Assignment
1. Click the 3 dots in the top right corner of the assignment you'd like to remove
2. Select Edit
3. Select the 3 dots within this screen
4. Select Remove Assignment
This will remove and delete the assignment from your Zorbit's Dashboard.
Extending an Assignment
If you wish to extend an assignment past its initial due date please see the video below:
NOTE: Once an assignment is past its due date you cannot reopen it and extend it.
- Click the three dots on the assignment you wish to extend
- Select edit
- Select the new due date and save
Your assignment has now been extended to the new due date.
Viewing Details of an Assignment
To view assignment details please follow the steps below:
- Click the three dots on Assignment
- Click details
Once you've clicked details you'll see the following information:
- Grade level
- Subject covered
- Estimated completion time
- Concept Module and the number of levels
Have a question or need help? Contact Us!