Zorbit’s Math Adventure works on Chromebooks that have Chrome Operating System (OS) version 67 or higher. If this is not the case, you will receive a memory error message and the game will not load.
To rectify this, your device will need to update its operating system (OS). Many Chromebooks will update automatically, or you can force an update by following the steps outlined here, but older ones may need to be recovered. This involves removing and reinstalling the OS which will delete the device’s memory.
Here is how you can bring your old Chromebook up to date.
What you’ll need:
- You old Chromebook that needs updating. This process will delete all of the data from this Chromebook so be sure to back-up any files you don’t want to lose. (We will call this “the old Chromebook”)
- A computer with Google Chrome installed or a second, newer Chromebook. (We will call this “Device 2”)
- A USB flash drive or SD card with 4 GB of space. This process will delete all of the data from it so be sure to back-up any files you don’t want to lose. (We will call this “the flash drive”)
1. On Device 2, download and install the Chromebook Recovery Utility app.
2. On the old Chromebook, press Esc+Refresh+Power. This will put the device in Recovery Mode and will display the device’s Model.
3. Launch the app and follow the instructions to create “Recovery Media”. These sets involve…
- Entering the model of the old Chromebook.
- Inserting the flash drive in Device 2.
- Downloading the Recovery Media.
4. Eject the flash drive from Device 2 when the Chromebook Recovery Utility has confirmed that the process is complete.
5. Insert the flash drive in the old Chromebook while viewing the recovery mode screen - the recovery process should start automatically and will take a few minutes.
When this process is complete, your old Chromebook should now be updated to the most recent version of Chrome OS and should be able to run Zorbit’s Math Adventure and more.