Game is Stuck on the Loading Screen Follow
If the browser game you are trying to play is either stuck on the loading screen or is not displaying properly, please follow these steps:
1. Check to ensure you're using the correct address for the games
The browser versions of the Zorbit's Math Adventure games can be found at play.zorbitsmath.com
2. Check to ensure you're using a supported system and a functional internet connection
Articles providing details on technical requirements for the games and the teacher dashboard can be found here.
3. Update your browser.
To ensure the best experience while running the game in a browser, please ensure you have the latest version. The list below provides the names of popular browsers as well as links to instructions provided by their support team that will help you get the latest version.
- Google Chrome - Click here.
- Mozilla's Firefox - Click here
- Microsoft Edge - Click here
- Apple Safari - Click here
4. Check to ensure the game/website isn't currently experiencing an issue.
You can stay up to date on issues & updates by checking our our Zorbit's Math Adventure twitter feed here.
5. Check to ensure hardware acceleration is enabled
If you get the message "You need a browser which supports WebGL to run this content” when trying to load a game in Chrome, it might be because hardware acceleration is disabled.
- Load this webpage in Google Chrome: chrome://gpu/
- Access the search feature by pressing CONTROL + F (if Windows) or COMMAND + F (if MAC OS)
- Type "WebGL" in the search field to quickly locate the WebGL section
- Confirm that "WebGL: Hardware accelerated" is shown beneath Graphics Feature Status
(example of expected settings below)
- If not, load this webpage in chrome: chrome://settings
- Click "Show advanced settings..."
- Click to fill the checkbox to the left of "Use hardware acceleration when available"
- Close the Chrome browser and restart Chrome
- Try loading the game page again
6. Clear your cached images and files.
Your browser stores game files temporarily to make the process of loading the game faster. If these files get out of date or corrupted for any reason it can cause issues loading the game. Browsers provide ways to clean up this history and resolve these issues.
The list below provides the names of popular browsers as well as links to instructions provided by their support team that will help you clear your "cached images and files". Once you have followed their instructions, restart your browser and try loading the game again.
Links to browser cache clearing instructions:
- Google's Chrome - Click here.
- Mozilla's Firefox - Click here
- Microsoft Edge- Click here
- Apple Safari- Click here
7. Add the following addresses to your firewall's list of accepted domains.
Some firewalls, such as in schools, can block access to the game. Either add, or request that your network administrator add the following addresses to your firewall's list of accepted domains:
8. Other steps to help reduce load times
A game may appear to be stuck on a loading screen but eventually load once the next area of the game is ready. Longer load time can be caused by factors such as a poor internet connection or high memory usage on the device. If the browser games run slowly for you, here are some recommendations to improve the performance of the games:
- Broadband / High-speed internet is recommended (minimum of 2Mbps or faster). Faster speed will reduce loading times
- Load each of the Zorbit’s Math Adventure games you will be using in your classroom on each computer before your students start to play. This is because the games will load the slowest the very first time they are played on a new computer. After that, loading times will be faster.
- Close all other open tabs and programs. This will reduce the memory usage on that device, which will improve stability, performance, and load times.
- Avoid refreshing the webpage when running Zorbit’s Math Adventure. Loading times may be longer than you first expect, and reloading the page instead of waiting for the loading sequence to finish will force the page to begin loading again from the very beginning.
9. Alternatives to in-browser gameplay
If you and your students are unable to play online in a web browser, try the playing on an iPad device.
- Play on your iPad: Search "Zorbit's Math" in the App Store on your iOS device.
If, after taking these steps, you're still having issues then please contact our support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.